Today Eufy robot vacuums have gained much popularity and are a familiar brand in our smart homes. One thing I love about the Eufy robovac is that they don’t store much user data compared to other brands. So, how to connect your Eufy robovac to Wi-Fi?
How To Connect Eufy Robovac to WIFI
To connect your Eufy robot vacuum to Wi-Fi, ensure that your phone is connected to your home network and that you have disabled any Virtual Private Network (VPN) running on the device.
Additionally, when connecting your robovac to your Wi-Fi, ensure the following;
The robovac should be fully charged or plugged into a charger, and the main power switch should be on.
The Wi-Fi status indicator should be slowly flashing blue, meaning the Wi-Fi connection has been reset or is yet to be set up. If the indicator blinks blue rapidly, there is an issue with your network connection, and it can’t connect to your network. While solid blue means the robovac is connected to your network.
When connecting, use the correct password for your network, disable any VPN or proxy server, and ensure that you are using a 2.4GHz router frequency band. Turn on your Bluetooth and Location under the phone settings. Finally, turn off your mobile data.
If you meet the above checklist, the connection will be smooth, and you won’t encounter issues.
Connecting Through an Android Phone
Download the EufyHome app from the play store and set up your account
- Launch your EufyHome App
- Select Robotic Vacuums
- Choose your robot model from the list
- Select the 2.4Ghz network to connect to and enter your correct credentials(password). If you use a hidden network, spell the SSID and password correctly.
- You are prompted to ensure that your Robovac is turned on and that the Wi-Fi indicator signal is slowly blinking. To reset your robovac if the signal is blinking rapidly.
- Check the status is confirmed box and tap next to continue.
- Select the robovac from the next tab or hit “Refresh” if there is a blank list
- Give the app a minute to connect to your Robovac.
- Once connected, you are prompted to rename your robovac. If you wish to choose a name, do so and hit save. Congratulations, you have now successfully connected to your network.
Connecting Through an iOS Phone
Download the EufyHome app from the app store and set up your Eufy account.
- Open your EufyHome App
- Select the “+ add device” button
- Select Robotic Vacuums
- Choose your robovac model from the list
- Select the network to connect to and enter the correct password. You can choose to “Save Password” for the app to remember your connection. Click next when done.
- You are prompted to power your robot and ensure the Wi-Fi indicator signal is slowly flashing blue. If otherwise, reset the robovac by continuously pressing the power button until you hear a beep or voice prompt that the Wi-Fi is reset. If so, Check the “status confirmed” checkbox and hit Next.
- Select your robovac or refresh if no device appears
- Give it a moment to connect to your robot vacuum. You will see a pop message prompting you to “Go to Wi-Fi settings.” This isn’t an error message but part of the setup process. Click on the pop message to go to Wi-Fi settings
- Select the “Eufy RoboVac …” network under available networks. Once connected, hit the back button to return to the EufyHome app.
- Select the Eufy Robovac again from the EufyHome app. Give it a moment to connect and apply the necessary settings to finalize your setup.
- Once your device is successfully added, give it a name or let the default name be, and hit save the name. Click Ok to finalize your connection. You have now successfully added your robovac to your network.
In case you experience issues connecting to your network, check this guide, Eufy robovac not connecting Wi-Fi.
How to connect Eufy X8 Series to Wi-Fi
The above steps work for all WIFI-capable Eufy models except the X8 series, whose steps are slightly different. Essentially, Bluetooth and location services have to be enabled on your mobile device for the robovac to pair.
Again, as with the other models, the robovac only connects to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band. Ensure it is turned on your router. If your router broadcast 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, consider turning off the 5GHz option while connecting.
Finally, ensure the Wi-Fi icon is in set-up mode; it’s flashing slowly. If not, reset the Wi-Fi by pressing the recharge and spot clean buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. You will hear a voice prompt when the Wi-Fi is reset successfully.
Here is how to connect your Eufy X8 to your home network;
- Select X8 from the Eufy Clean app. Launch your app > select Add Device > choose robotic vacuum > choose the X8 series. When prompted to “Allow location service,” do so to grant the app permission.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone. Bluetooth is required when setting up the X8 Eufy robovac. Ensure that your Bluetooth is turned on under settings and that the Eufy app has permission to access Bluetooth.
- Connect to your Wi-fi network. The Eufy Clean app should automatically discover your robovac. Tap the “+” icon next to your RoboVac’s name, and enter the correct Wi-Fi password. If all goes well, the robovac connects to your network. Next, give your robovac a fancy name. Congrats, you are done.
If you experience problems, retry the steps and ensure you follow the correct order.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Reset My EUFY Robovac Wi-Fi?
To reset your Eufy RoboVac’s Wi-Fi, continuously press the power button on top of the robovac for 10 – 15 seconds. Once Wi-Fi is reset, the robovac beeps and the Wi-Fi indicator signal slowly flashes in blue.
Connecting your Eufy robovac to your Wi-Fi network is straightforward when one follows the right process. Notably, the Eufy robovac won’t connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network. Therefore, ensure your router broadcasts a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi SSID.
The connection process is similar for all the other models except the X8 series, which requires Bluetooth and location turned on when adding the robovac to your network.
Once your Robovac is added to your network, you can link to a virtual assistant (Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri). This allows you to apply voice commands to control your robovac.
The Eufy customer support is available should a connection issue persist.